As a leading global supplier of sustainably produced sphagnum, BeadaMoss® have significantly grown year on year over the past 4 years and have increasing market opportunities in the UK and Europe.
To capitalise on the significant growth to date, combined with huge future potential, BeadaMoss® are seeking to appoint a Strategic Business Development Director to join and lead on a 5-year growth plan to take the company forward.
· Recommend and execute on a 5-year strategic plan.
· Establish routes to market and partner programmes with project developers and NGOs to validate the use of sphagnum as a viable option for a carbon sequestration solution. Work up of data that supports a commercialisation strategy.
· Build and influence senior relationships within policy making groups within the environmental and carbon sector including DEFRA, NFU E.L.M.S and other NGO's or Trusts.
· Deliver the annual sales plan for revenue and margin.
· Identify public grants and funding to accelerate restoration projects drafting grant applications as required.
Set the product and marketing strategy that positions MPS as a key supplier/developer for adopting sphagnum moss as a critical component.
· Recommend an overarching brand strategy and Marcomms programme that correctly positions the company and its brands and evangelises its technology as a restorative and carbon programme.
· Evaluate the commercial returns of building a commercial sphagnum farming business and business model required to achieve near term profitable growth.
· Significant and demonstrable strategic business development within environmental or conservation work covering restoration or agricultural impact programmes.
· Has existing relationships with policy makers, regulatory authorities and NGO's that are focused on carbon reduction and climate change.
· Ideally experience within the natural carbon market or environmental remediation for specifically, avoidance or removal of carbon
· Familiar with, and adept at, being a thought leader within a relevant market and a "climate/environmental" champion.
· Has originated and closed grant funded environmental impact projects.
· Has experience working within, or knowledge of relevant project developers.
· Evidence of identifying, applying, and closing complex relevant grant applications.
· Ideally direct experience of agricultural re-wilding
· Potential to grow into a leadership role for the business.
BeadaMoss® are based at an amazing sustainable greenhouse facility in East Leake, Loughborough and the role would be based here with some requirement for national and international travel.
Climate17 are leading Environmental recruitment specialist and are retained on this assignment.