- Company Shop redistributes 80 million surplus items, saves members £60m on food Resource & 'Waste'
- Crocs in the Arctic again? 66 million years of data sends climate warning Science
Royal Mail's Bristol delivery office first fleet to go all-electric
The Royal Mail first ever Delivery Office to operate an all-electric fleet of collection and delivery vehicles will operate from Bristol where 23 fully electric vehicles have replaced the existing diesel collection and delivery vans at the Company's Bristol East Central Delivery Office. Six double electric charging posts have also been installed on the site and the electricity for powering the office and for charging the vehicles is from 100% renewable sources.
- Dorset wire factory saves costs and carbon with 'fittable' solar Renewables
Go-Ahead expands air-filtering bus fleet following trial success
• Go-Ahead will increase its unique fleet of air-cleaning vehicles, deploying five buses in Southampton by end of 2019.
• Results from initial pilot show that one bus has the capacity to draw 65g of particulates from the air over 100 days – just over the weight of a tennis ball.
Go-Ahead launches pollution-busting bus to clean up urban air
The Go-Ahead Group, one of the country's largest bus and rail operators, has unveiled the UK's first air filtering bus that makes the air around it cleaner as it travels – allowing the surrounding community to breathe easier.
Turbine technology aims to boost affordability, driving distance, and environmental appeal of Battery Electric Vehicles
Mitsubishi Turbocharger and Engine Europe B.V. (MTEE), a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Group company, introduces the RANGE+, a power generator capable of rapidly charging the battery of a battery electric vehicle (BEV) while driving. It allows for fast recharging, increased driving distance and independence from recharging infrastructure.